June is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month!
Amazing people all over the world are working every day to help bring equal human rights to the LGBTQI community. In this Presidential Proclamation, all citizens of the U.S. are called upon to help fight prejudice & injustice:
“As Americans, it is our birthright that all people are created equal and deserve the same rights, privileges, and opportunities. Since our earliest days of independence, our Nation has striven to fulfill that promise. An important chapter in our great, unfinished story is the movement for fairness and equality on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. This month, as we recognize the immeasurable contributions of LGBT Americans, we renew our commitment to the struggle for equal rights for LGBT Americans and to ending prejudice and injustice wherever it exists.
“…I call upon all Americans to observe this month by fighting prejudice and discrimination in their own lives and everywhere it exists.” -President Obama
Here’s a short list of some rainbow crafts pictured above to help you get in the spirit:
- Short, energetic video on how to make your own Gay Pride Flag by Decor It Yourself.
- Rainbow friendship bracelets are a wonderful addition to anybody’s wrist! There are so many different kinds of varying skill level…what’s your favorite? (via)
- How about some rainbow nails??
- Check out these DIY rainbow earrings.
- How to make your own rainbow playdoh. Fun to play with and great for making little shapes/figurines. (via)
- Make some rainbow felt-covered hair clips using a tutorial like this.
- Awesome rainbow bracelet made from vintage buttons!
- Rainbow arm-warmer inspiration made from old sweaters. (via)
- Rainbow pudding! (via)
- These rainbow fruit kabobs look DELICIOUS. (via)
- Cookie decorating party, anyone? (via)
- Rainbow cake number one… (via)
- …and rainbow cake number two! Yum. (via)
- Last but not least, make a set of rainbow color sprays & then get on to colorizing anything and everything around you!
What will you be doing to show support for LGBT Pride Month, local pride weeks, and the community in general?